Nabil Barakat M.D., FACS
Dr. Barakat has nearly two decades of experience as a specialist in the treatment of hand and wrist injuries. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from Washington D.C.'s Georgetown University before completing his general surgery residency at SUNY Buffalo, in New York. Dr. Barakat continued development of his hand and wrist expertise by completing his hand/microsurgery fellowship at Harvard University - Massachusetts General Hospital and his plastic surgery fellowship at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. He is board certified in both hand surgery and plastic surgery.
- Hand Surgery.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship, Harvard University, Mass. General Hospital.
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Mc Gill University.
- Residency in General Surgery, State University of NY at Buffalo.
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine.
- BS, Chemistry/Mathematics, Georgetown University.
- Member, American Association for Hand Surgery.
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Member, Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Member, Midwest Plastic Surgery Society.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons.
Surgery Center and Hospital Affiliations
- Adventist Health System: Bolingbrook, LaGrange, Hinsdale, and Glen Oaks Hospitals.
- Advocate Christ Medical Center.
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital.
- Elmhurst Outpatient Surgery Center.
- Macneal Hospital.
- Palos Community Hospital.
- Palos Surgery Center.
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital.
- Silver Cross Hospital.
Hand and Wrist Expertise for the Best Treatment
MHS physicians have the highest level of hand and wrist training, years of experience, and use the most advanced medical equipment available to treat your hand and wrist injuries. Call us at 630-359-6888 today and make an appointment to see Dr. Barakat.